Conference information & registration
Welcome to the first UMBUG virtual conference. We had planned to be near the shores of Lake Superior at the College of St. Scholastica, where the very first UMBUG conference was held in 2007. However, as we all know many things have changed this year. What has not changed is the commitment of our members and business partners to collaboration and knowledge sharing. There are several sessions on ways to improve your institution’s use of Banner, related tools, and improving process effectiveness at many levels. There are also several presentations from members regarding the lessons learned and new tools and approaches to deal with the adapting to life in the COVID-19 pandemic. The conference also features greatly expanded numbers of sessions on Advancement topics – all of these are related to business process improvements, and are not software specific. We also continue our collaboration with the Salesforce & Slate users’ groups in the region that many member institutions use in concert with Banner – watch for their sessions as well.
Our thanks to the many members who served on our Advisory Committees to identify and finalize session topics, and speakers, and to the many members and business partners presenting at this Fall Conference. Ellucian, Strata Information Group, and David Kent Consulting are all presenting – look for their presentations and for the opportunity to visit with their representatives to discuss challenges and opportunities during one of the four virtual office hour tracks spread throughout the conference. We thank them for their sponsorship.
So, here’s how this virtual conference is planned:
- You will find session timings and descriptions as part of the registration form
- Registration will remain open through the end of the business day on Monday, August 3
- After registration is cutoff all those who registered will be sent an email showing all the session links – all sessions will be conducted using Zoom
- Presentations and reference material from presenters and supporting materials will be posted on the Member Resources page of the UMBUG website where these will be accessible to those with an UMBUG account. For those from member schools who do not have an UMBUG account, you can create one following the directions on our home page. Members will be notified by email when presentations and supporting materials are available.
Still have questions? Contact us: email@example.com
- Conference at a glance – summary agenda
- Session descriptions and registration form
- Open Forum/Virtual Office Hours – Question submission form
- Conference evaluation form